Understand 10 causes of ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
It is important to realize that the hearing system is one of the most delicate and sensitive mechanisms in the body. Since it is a part of the general nervous system, it is sensitive, to some degree, to anything that affects the overall health of the individual, both physical and psychological. However, in order to lessen the intensity of tinnitus, it is advisable to make every effort to:
- Avoid exposure to loud noises and sounds.
- Control your blood pressure
- Give up nerve stimulants such as coffee and colas (caffeine) and tobacco (nicotine)
- Decrease salt intake
- Reduce anxiety
- The more you worry and concentrate on the noise, the more noticeable it will happen. So, try to stop worrying about the tinnitus.
- Get adequate rest and avoid fatigue.
- Avoid aspirin or aspirin products in large quantities
- Biofeedback may help or diminish tinnitus in some patients.